Private Catamaran Full Day Cruise to Caldera & Thirasia
Full Day Adventure
- DEPARTURE DAYS:
Daily @ 10:30 AM
Up to 21 passengers
- MEETING POINT:
At the Port or your Santorini Hotel
FREE Pick up & Drop off by shuttle bus at your Santorini Hotel
- STARTING POINT:
- ENDING POINT:
- EXPERIENCE LOCATION:
HIGHLIGHTS - WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS
- The view of Santorini’s Caldera from sea level, with its villages on the top of the cliffs, resembling snowcapped peaks.
- All the little coves and bays of the Caldera you can’t reach from land.
- The taste of the organic salads and fruit that grow in our own farms and the delicious BBQ with fresh products.
- The luxurious comfort that Carpe Diem has to offer.
- Our friendly crew, ready to cater for your every need.
- The refreshing feeling on your skin after swimming in the volcanic hot springs.
- The sensation of the energy and heat under your feet, coming from an active volcano.
- You will be guided by locals who will provide you with information on the history of Santorini and useful tips for your stay on the island.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will be picked up from your hotel and that is where your worries end! Our cruise starts from the marina in Vlychada and heading towards the famous Caldera we will follow the coastline, past the Red Beach, the White Beach and the spot of “Mesa Pigadia”.
At one of these spots, depending on the weather, you will have the chance to dive into the crystal clear waters using the snorkelling gear we provide. Then we will head for the “Indian Face” mountain and the Lighthouse of Akrotiri. This point is where we set off for some real sailing and pick up our sails!
The next stop at the Palaia Kammeni volcanic island will give you the opportunity to swim in the volcanic Hot Springs, where iron and sulphur elements in the warm waters will rejuvenate your skin and spirit! Those of you who like a bit of action can disembark on Nea Kammeni and follow the trail up to the crater of the Volcano. In one of the little sheltered bays of Nea Kammeni our Crew will prepare a delicious BBQ, using only the best local products and freshest ingredients!
We continue the Caldera cruise and draw near the Old Port of Fira where you can take photos of the donkeys and the cable car, climbing up the steep mountain trail. Hidden in the rough coastline of the Caldera the little church of “Efta Paides” or the little Armeni Bay is an ideal spot for another refreshing swim.
On the tiny island of St Nicolas at Ammoudi bay, those brave enough can try jumping from a high diving spot into the deep blue waters. Right across it, the completely virgin island of Thirassia, stands opposite its cosmopolitan sister island Santorini, as if not jealous at all of its glamour and popularity.
You will sail under its shadow as the sun starts diving towards the sea, down to the Tripiti spot where you can take a peek of the other side of the island through a hole in the mountain. Once at open sea, with the wind filling the sails again, you will be escorted back to the marina by the colors of the most famous sunset in the world.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Transfers to and from the yacht
- Water, soft drinks, wine, beer
- One BBQ lunch
- Snacks and fruit
- Snorkeling equipment
- Captain & crew
- Port Authority expenses
- Full insurance
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Volcano entrance fee
- Off board activities
POINTS OF INTEREST
- Red beach
- White beach
- Mesa Pigadia spot
- Indian Face mountain
- Akrotiri Lighthouse
- Palaia Kammeni – Hot Springs
- Nea Kammeni Island
- Old Port of Fira
- “Efta Paides” church
- Armeni bay
- Ammoudi bay
- Tripiti Spot, Thirassia
- Choose dark colored bathing suits if you are planning on swimming in the hot springs since the iron and sulfur can stain light-colored materials and turn them brown.
- Don’t forget to bring your suntan lotion and a hat.
- If you are planning on walking up the crater of the volcano, it is best to bring your trainers.
- Be sure to bring a camera. The crew will take care of your belongings while you swim.
- If you are taking the cruise in April-May or late September-October carry a light jacket in case it gets cold.