2 Day Luxury Sailing Cruise - Santorini - Ios
2 days of adventure
- DEPARTURE DAYS:
Every day of the week
Up to 6 passengers
- MEETING POINT:
At the Port or your Santorini Hotel
FREE Pick up & Drop off by shuttle bus at your Santorini Hotel
- STARTING POINT:
- ENDING POINT:
- EXPERIENCE LOCATION:
Santorini - Ios
HIGHLIGHTS - WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS
- The view of Santorini’s Caldera from sea level, with its villages on the top of the cliffs, resembling snowcapped peaks.
- “Santa Maria” is an extraordinary Yacht with all the extra facilities to make it feel like a luxurious hotel, from ice maker to desalination system.
- The Captain of the “Santa Maria” knows this area like the back of his hand, which means that he will take you to all the hidden gems that the islands hide from the masses of tourists.
- The taste of the organic salads and fruit that grow in our own farms
- The delicious seafood that the Captain usually dives for, himself, and provides to his guests.
- The contrast between the lively touristic nightlife of Ios’ main village and the peace and natural beauty of its beaches
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Our starting point will be the Vlychada marina where our Captain and crew will welcome you aboard the “Santa Maria”. Your journey begins by sailing through the famous Caldera of Santorini, pass the Red and White beaches.
Our next stop is Ios island and the organised beach of Milopotas. Located close the main village, Chora, Milopotas offers sun beds, a variety of restaurants and bars as well as water sports. We will dock at the main port of Ios where you can spend the night exploring the main village with its many bars and cafes. The island is famous for its nightlife but there’s another side to it as well.
In the morning, we embark for the unspoiled beach of Magganari at the south end of Ios island. Magganari is one of the most picturesque beaches of Ios. The secluded bay is protected from strong winds. This is the place for a lovely swim or snorkel. You may actually recognize the scenery from the famous movie "Le Grand Bleu" which was shot here and witness for yourself the unending blue and picturesque scenery surrounding this natural gem.
Next stop, Papa beach. An idyllic hidden cove that is not organized. The golden sand and the crystal clear waters are what compose the beauty of Papa. This is the ideal destination to relax and enjoy the tranquility of the natural surroundings.
After a relaxing day and a peaceful night’s sleep, we will head back to Santorini, accompanied only by the sound of the wind and the waves.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Transfers to and from the yacht
- Captain & crew
- Port Authority expenses
- Full insurance
No Security Deposit required for chartering our yachts
- Light lunch
- Snacks and fruit
- Water, soft drinks, wine, beer
- Snorkeling equipment
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Off board meals
- Off board activities
POINTS OF INTEREST
- Chora of Ios Island
- Milopotas beach, Ios Island
- Magganari beach, Ios Island
- Papa beach, Ios Island
- Choose dark colored bathing suits if you are planning on swimming in the hot springs since the iron and sulfur can turn light colors brown.
- Don’t forget to bring your suntan lotion and a hat.
- Be sure to bring a camera. The crew will take care of your belongings while you swim.
- Pack light, you will not need that many clothes!
- Inform us in advance of any dietary preferences or allergies.
- If you are taking the cruise in April-May or late September-October carry a jacket and some sweaters with you in case it gets chilly.
- Type of boat
- MONOHULL SAILING YACHT
- SUN ODYSSEY 52.2
- 14.85 m \ 52’2’’ ft
- 4.85 m \ 15’10’’ ft
- 2.09 m \ 6’10’’ ft
- Year of construction
- 10 passengers
- 4 double + 1 crew
- 4 double
- Engine power
- 100 HP
- Water capacity
- 1 TON
- Fuel tank capacity
- 400 LT
- Interior Showers
- Main base
- SANTORINI MARINA
- Furling (Roll) Genoa
- under deck
- 2 x Life raft
Anchor with chain
Electric anchor windlass
Windex (Wind Direction Indicator)
- Hot water